Welcome to the Networks Hardware guide to Verizon’s cheapest Internet, Wireless, & TV Plans.
If you’re on a budget and need an internet or TV plan from Verizon, I’ve got you covered. I’ve been finding out which are the cheapest plans, and which offer the best value for money.
Today, I’m going to be showing you the following:
- The lowest-priced internet plans from Verizon
- More recommendations from us
- Ways to save cash on your bill
- The cheapest Verizon Wireless plan
- Other recommend Wireless plans
- Ways to save money on your Wireless bill
- Verizon Fios TV’s cheapest plan
- More top picks for Fios TV
- How you can save money on your Fios TV bill
So, let’s get right into it.
The Cheapest Verizon Internet Plans
Here are the cheapest Verizon Internet plans.
Verizon Fios 300 Mbps – Cheapest Overall
The lowest priced internet plan from Verizon is Verizon Fios 300 Mbps. It costs $49.99 per month if you choose to take it up with Auto Pay. You can also save more money if you choose to take it up alongside a Verizon mobile plan, which we’ll cover a bit later on.
300 Mbps is fast, too. It would allow you to stream as many as 12 Netflix Ultra HD movies at the same time. We believe that 300 Mbps is going to be more than enough for 10 or so people. This means most families would be more than okay with this kind of speed.
A fantastic perk of Verizon Fios internet is that there is no minimum contract term for any of the plans. You can sign up for one month, see how it works for you, then cancel if you decide it’s not going to work out.
That’s not the only bonus with it either. You’ll also get all the following benefits if you sign up for the Verizon Fios 300 Mbps plan:
- $100 off Stream TV Soundbar or Pro: Get a neat Bang & Olufsen soundbar for a highly reduced price as a Verizon Fios customer. However, Verizon may charge you for the discounted amount if you choose to cancel your plan within 180 days.
- Free Amazon Echo Dot: You’ll get a free Amazon Echo Dot (that usually has a retail price of $49.99) when you sign up. You’ll just need to make sure that you keep hold of your contract for 65 days in order to get it).
- Get paid to switch: Verizon will give you a reward card if you move over from another provider. Plus, they’ll pay the cancellation fees for your previous network, subject to terms and conditions.
- No setup fees: You won’t need to pay any extra fees to get set up here. However, there may be some hidden fees to look out for, so make sure you check out our guide to them.
It should be noted that these perks tend to change a lot. These are just the offers that are available at the time of writing. The best thing to do to find out what’s available when you’re ready to go is check out their website.
The main issue with Verizon’s fiber plans is that the availability is very limited right now. Even if you live in an area that Verizon services, you might not be able to get fiber.
Verizon is trying to roll out fiber as fast as possible, but it is an expensive process that takes time. There’s a lot of infrastructure that goes into it!
You can find out what’s available in your area here. If you don’t have access to fiber, you’ll need to opt for 4G LTE or 5G Home internet. We’ll cover those options shortly.
Verizon Fios 1 Gig – Cheapest Price per Mbps
If you want more speed, the cheapest plan in terms of price by speed is Verizon Fios 1 Gig. It costs $89.99 with Auto Pay, so that works out to around 9p per Mbps.
With the Verizon Fios 1 Gig plan, you’ll get the additional perks of six months of Disney+ plus 2TB of Verizon cloud storage. Disney+ usually costs $7.99 per month, so you’re in the money there if you get the use out of it.
However, not many people are going to need this kind of speed. It’s only really worth getting 1 Gbps if you’re sharing the internet with 15+ people. This could be in an office space, for example.
Other Affordable Verizon Internet Plans
Feel like you need more speed? Or perhaps a different package could work out for you? Here are some other ideas.
Verizon Fios 500 Mbps
The next level up on the Fios ladder is 500 Mbps. This extra 200 Mbps will cost you an additional $20 per month for a total of $69.99 per month.
Do you need this kind of speed? Well, the answer is ‘probably not’. As 300 Mbps would serve most households, 500 Mbps might be overkill.
Verizon 4G LTE or 5G
If you can’t get Verizon’s fiber plans in your area, the only option left is mobile data at home. You’ll either get 4G LTE or 5G depending on local availability. The only difference you’ll experience is the speed.
Whether you get 5G or 4G LTE, it’s going to cost you $50 if you opt for Autopay .
The download speeds for 4G LTE will be between 25 and 50 Mbps whereas 5G can go quite a bit faster. Verizon doesn’t specify the exact speeds of it though.
Verizon Lifeline Discount
The actual cheapest way to get Verizon internet overall is through Verizon Lifeline Discount, but it’s only available to a specific demographic of people.
If the income in your home is less than 135% of national poverty guidelines, or if you qualify for a federal assistance program, this scheme is available to you. These federal assistance programs include:
- Tribal programs
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
You can find out the rest of the list on the Verizon website.
Here, you can get AT&T Fiber 300 for free or discounts on faster speeds. Here’s a look at the other discounts you could get.
- $24.99 per month for 500 Mbps
- $49.99 per month for 1 Gigabit
It’s definitely worth checking this out if you are in a low income home!
Affordable Connectivity Program
A slightly different version of this scheme is the Affordable Connectivity Program. It’s $30 off your internet bill if your income is 200% of federal poverty guidelines.
This scheme is better for those with a slightly higher income. But for the lowest incomes, Verizon Lifeline Discount is going to save you more money.
It is also possible to get this discount under certain federal assistance programs but the list is more limited. For more support, it’s best to reach out to a Verizon customer service agent. They’ll be able to give you a better idea of what’s available for you.
How to Save More Money with Your Verizon Internet Bill
Here are a few extra ways that you can save money with Verizon’s internet packages. You can find out more top tips in this guide.
- Select Auto Pay: If you choose to set up a direct debit to make your payments, your bill will be $10 per month less expensive.
- Take up other Verizon products at the same time: It’s possible to get $25 per month or more off your monthly bill if you bundle your Verizon internet with a Verizon mobile plan.
- Take advantage of the 10 year price guarantee: Right now, Verizon is locking in prices for 10 years for all customers who sign up before the offer ends. This is an exceptional deal, but one that will only be running for a limited time before it drops back down to the regular two years.
The Cheapest Verizon Wireless Plan Overall
To pay the absolute lowest price with Verizon Wireless, you’ll need to opt for Welcome Unlimited. It costs just $30 per month when you take up four lines plus Auto Pay and paperless billing.
- Unlimited 5G data where it’s available
- Unlimited talk and text in the US, Mexico and Canada
- International texting
- CallFilter Spam Blocker
- VerizonUp Rewards
This is great value! It’s actually one of the most affordable cell phone plans in the US. That being said, the price jumps up to $65 per month if you only take one line.
Other Affordable Wireless Plans
The Verizon Wireless cell phone plan with the second-lowest monthly cost is 5G Start. It costs $35 per month plus taxes and fees if you take up Auto Pay and four or more lines, and it comes with the following features on top of the cheapest offering:
- 5 GB premium mobile hotspot data
- Disney+, discover+, Apple Arcade or Google Play Plus and Apple Music free for six months
Premium mobile hotspot refers to unthrottled network speeds. You’ll still get unlimited, slower hotspot after using up this 5 GB.
If you prefer, you can go for the next level up, 5G Do More. This is the second of four tiers of Wireless plans and it costs $45 plus taxes and fees if you take Auto Pay and four or more lines.
Here’s what you get for the extra $10 per month with this plan on top of the standard 5G Start:
- 50 GB premium network access
- 25 GB premium mobile hotspot
- Home Internet savings (as low as $25 per month)
- Connectivity plan perk featuring 600 GB Verizon cloud storage, 1TravelPass day per month and up to 50% off certain hardware including smart watches
Premium network access refers to extra fast internet that isn’t throttled during peak times in busy areas. You’ll get priority access to the fastest 5G speeds.
How to Save More Money with Your Wireless Bill
We’ve got a few extra tips on how you can keep the price of your Verizon Wireless bill as low as possible.
- Auto Pay and Paperless Billing: If you opt for paper billing and/or to pay your bills without a direct debit, you’ll need to pay an additional $10 per month.
- Take up other Verizon products at the same time: Get $25 per month off your monthly bill if you bundle your Verizon Wireless plan with a Verizon internet plan. This starts at 5G Do More onwards.
- Avoid changing your plan too often: Doing this will incur a fee of $35.
Find out more about fees you may have to incur in this article.
The Cheapest Verizon Fios TV Plan Overall
This plan is contract free, meaning you can sign up for just one month to try it out if you like. Plus, you get the following great perks:
- $50 Verizon gift card when you sign up
- Free hire of the Verizon Fios TV box
- Free streaming on the Verizon Fios TV app for 5 devices
- 2 month free trial of unlimited streaming
Other Affordable Verizon Fios TV Plans
The next level up for Verizon Fios TV is called More Fios TV. This one costs an additional $20 per month plus taxes and fees, so $90+.
For that, you’ll get an additional 275+ channels. At this point, the cost of each channel is $0.30+. That’s pretty good value!
The channels you get in addition to those of Your Fios TV include a mix of sports, entertainment, news and more. It’s a bit of a mixed bag, but you can find out exactly what’s what plus more about Verizon Fios TV as a whole in our ultimate guide.
How to Save More Money with Your Verizon Fios TV Bill
With some providers’ TV plans, such as AT&T, it’s possible to save money by using your own hardware to watch TV. Unfortunately this is not the case with Verizon. However, there is no equipment fee on your first box. You’ll just need to pay if you need to replace it.
You can also save money on your bill with Auto Pay and Paperless Billing. Without signing up for these, you’ll need to pay an additional $10 per month on your bill.
It’s worth grabbing Auto Pay anyway, as if you miss a payment you will be charged a late fee which is a minimum of $5 per month.
Finally, you can save money by bundling services together. There’s the Double Play bundle of Your Fios TV plus Home Phone for $55 per month.
You can find more bundles from Verizon here.
Cheap Verizon Internet and Fios TV Plans FAQ
You may well have more questions about the cheapest internet and TV plan from Verizon. If so, you should find the answers here.
Where is Verizon internet and TV available?
Right now, Verizon’s internet and TV services are only available in certain areas across New England and the Midwest. Each service has slightly different availability, and you can find out more about that here.
What’s the cheapest Verizon Home Phone plan?
Home Phone isn’t as popular as it used to be, and the cell phone world can be thanked for that. But if you’re still in the market for a new Home Phone, Verizon has an option for you.
However, there isn’t a lot of choice. You can either pay per minute if you don’t think you’ll be using the phone that much, or you can opt for the Unlimited domestic or international plans. You can check out more on the website.
How do I find the latest Verizon deals?
Verizon changes its deals quite a lot, so it’s a good idea to keep an eye on what’s available as this could always save you further money on your bill.
To do this, just keep an eye on the respective area of the website for the service you’re interested in. Verizon will be keen to show their deals off, so you’d be unlikely to miss them if you do this!
Last Thoughts on the Cheapest Verizon Internet and TV Plans
If you play your cards right, you can get pretty cheap Verizon services. I hope that you manage to save some money with the plans and extra tips I’ve suggested in this article.
If you’re not in a Verizon coverage area, you might be better off with another provider. Take AT&T for example. They cover a lot more states throughout the US, and you can find out about their cheapest plans here.